Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Updates!

Hi!

I haven't updated in a while, but I'm doing fine. Sure, it's 3:53 in the morning, but that just means my absolutely adorable dog woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. It's cool. It happens. Here's what's going on:

- I have a new, great job and I'm very happy about it! I wake up in a state of non-dread on a daily basis. It's so weird!

- We set a wedding date, this Autumn. The venue is tiny, so the guest list will also be tiny. We're excited! We also booked a kick-ass honeymoon.

- Jim's great. The doggie's great (except for the gnawed-at portion of her tail). My family is great. Jim's family is great. Everyone's great.

- My next check-up for the thyroid cancer is not until August, but I've been active in other ways, vis-a-vis my physical health. As of about a month and a half ago, I've been doing Pilates once or twice a week with a super instructor, I have been walking as much as possible, and I just went to acupuncture for the first time last night. Wooo-wooo! As soon as I get around to filing the paperwork with my doctor's office, I'll be joining the gym in my new super-cool workplace.

- I'm going to be doing some more improv soon (way to announce that intention, Lisa)!

That's the news for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa! Glad to hear about your new job, Jim, and life-in-general. Update every now an again.

    Best Wishes,

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I couldn't sleep (unusual for me) and opened up my laptop to find the post you left on my blog about Brenda the Wonder Dog. =) I had to chuckle at your comment about my name being the same as one of your doctors. I know I "battle" for name rights with an OB-GYN for top Google rating. I always think of this poor woman, with her years of medical school and training, being usurped by this chick out in NC who writes books about her cats. HA!

    Your blog is fascinating and, if I can say it without it being too much of a cliche, inspiring.

    Thanks so much for posting about Brenda. She truly is just one of *those* dogs that stands out above the rest. I'm eager to find her a forever home. If you'd like, please friend me on FB. I'd love to keep in touch with a fellow writer/animal lover.

    Cheers,

    Dena

    ReplyDelete