Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Home sick!

OKAY. This is a crazy series of weeks. I got sick on Christmas with a bad cold/respiratory thing/fever. I was sick for about a week, also developing serious intestinal distress that has been hitting for weeks, on and off. This past weekend I was very sick with it and I've had to go to my G.I. doctor. My endoscopy was also put off because I have been sick and they didn't want to risk it (now it's on January 25).

So yesterday I came back to work, worked a lot to catch up, and still am not caught up.

Yesterday I also decided I must have some kind of awful cancer (the pre-cancerous intestinal stuff, the stomach ulcer, and the ongoing side pain coupled with terrible stomach virus or whatever it is made me decide this*). And I had to have my cancer doctor talk me down, which she was kind enough to do. I love her.

Then woke up at 4 this morning (that's nothing new), and my neck LOCKED up in the worst pain ever. I've had herniated disc problems before, but the problems usually affect my LEFT side. This was on the RIGHT. I couldn't move.

I had to stay home this morning and now I've taken three Advils. They are starting to take effect.

Whoosh. What a beginning to 2012!!!


* What I decided is that I have a "gastrinoma" or "gastrinomas."

No comments:

Post a Comment