Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm home!!!



Okay, so I'm really tired, and I have an annoyingly painful case of the hiccups - but otherwise, I'm feeling GREAT!  Thanks, Dr. Lee! :-)
As you can see from the picture, I'm home, minus one thyroid and several suspicious lymph nodes.  
I'm going to have some soup soon, and then go to bed.  I'll post more tomorrow.  In the meantime, thank you all, my friends, SO MUCH.  I can't imagine how much of a difference experience this would have been without your love, support, prayers, notes, thoughts, kindness, etc.  I can't believe how many wonderful people I'm surrounded by.  What an amazing thing to find out.
With love and gratitude!!!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Lisa-
    Congrats on the surgery going well! And, you're right, ablation does not necessarily harm your eggs. Didn't mean to sound alarmist in your case AT ALL. But in my case, I was worried about how long it would take for normal menstrual cycles to return. Some women I knew had to wait up to a year!
    And don't worry about your scar. Even though I felt like Frankenstein at first (got some interesting looks at the playground those first few days), three years later you can't even see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fellow thyroid cancer survivor! Congrats on passing through surgery with flying colors. :)

    Be sure to take it easy and rest as sometimes that thyroid tiredness can sneak up on you post-surgery.

    Your blog is similar in purpose to mine: I started it after thyroid cancer surgery last year to inform friends and family of my status. It also turned out to be VERY therapeutic for me as well: www.charlcie.blogspot.com.

    Keep up the great progress and let me know if I can answer any questions for you!

    ReplyDelete