Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not sleeping

On the plus side: I'm no longer having a meltdown.

On the not-so-plus side: I'm still suffering the effects of hypocalcemia, calcium pills, vitamin D, and all.  I'm awake at 12:03 AM.  I had fallen asleep on the couch.  Tried to make the transfer to bed an hour or so ago and found myself there, wide awake again.  

I'm still vibrating - legs, hands, sometimes my face. I guess they bumped my parathyroid around something fierce.  I feel like there's a generator behind my skin.  The feeling of vibration (as opposed to tingling, which I also have in my limbs) gets so intense sometimes that I am sure one must be able to feel it from the outside, like a thrumming motor, although even I, when I place a hand on my vibrating limb, can't feel it with that hand.

I'm wondering if this is the painkiller wearing off. I downed a small can of Sprite (one of those hundred-calorie deals) because I felt SO thirsty, but it made me nauseous, so I got up.  I am not sure whether that's the effect of the painkiller, too, although I'd eaten sufficiently when I took it.

I'm noticing my body is not reacting to food as I'm expecting it to. This could be because I stopped taking my Aciphex today on the orders of nurse mom because it interferes with calcium uptake, at least until I talk to the doctor yet again in the morning (his office opens in 9 hours).  

I expected the Sprite to settle my stomach: it didn't.  I keep getting hungry craving creamy, cheesy things (calcium-rich, I guess), but then feeling gross and full after I eat them.  (But don't worry, I'll manage to gain weight.)  


No comments:

Post a Comment